Evernote Scannable is a simple app that has been used by millions. It doesn’t have a lot of features nor it has some unique options, but is it very effective and using it requires a few minutes. You can use the app to scan receipts, business cards and any type of paper documents.
As aforementioned, Evernote Scannable doesn’t have a lot of features. However, there are several tools and options. They are:
- Fast-scan allows you to capture a copy of a document in a couple of seconds. It is a very useful feature when you don’t have enough time. The copy will be automatically saved on your device.
- The copy will be automatically cropped, adjusted and rotated. This saves time as well.
- When you scan business cards, you can save the information as contacts. You can acquire the information from LinkedIn. Even better, you can add photos as well.
- Use ScanSnap Evernote Edition Scanner to get documents with several pages.
- Share and save documents. This app is perfect for an office team.
This app has extremely simple user interface. The only thing you can do is to take a photo (scan) of a document and save the file. The latest update has a feature that saves photos automatically for 30 days. This feature can be disabled at Advanced settings. You can also convert a JPEG file to PDF format. The latest version also allows you to drag and drop pages in order to reorder your files.
Evernote Scannable is completely free app. However, it requires iOS 8 or later, so users with older iOS versions cannot use the app. A good thing is that most languages are supported. This includes: German, Hungarian, Czech and many others.